Can Child Support Be Modified?

Families go through changes. Your kids’ activities change frequently as they age.

  • Do you want to send your children to college?
  • Do you want your ex-spouse to help pay/save for tuition?
  • Did your ex-spouse get a higher paying job?
  • Did you experience a job change or salary reduction?
  • Did one of you become disabled or reach retirement age?

All of these scenarios might reflect substantial changes in circumstances that affect child support, alimony or custody agreements. Altering agreements is complex and can easily become contested, causing further litigation.

Protect Your Best Interests And Rights

At the Law Offices of Jonathan D. Gordon, Esq., LLC, we work hand in hand with our clients. Our founding attorney has more than 18 years of experience in New Jersey that spans all areas of family law and divorce. Our staff is fully capable of devising an effective strategy, sculpting reasonable and fair plans and vigorously advocating in a variety of situations.

Please call our offices in Teaneck, or contact us online for other consultation service options. Call 201-801-0455 to speak with a lawyer today.

Law Offices of Jonathan D. Gordon, Esq., LLC, | Guidance In Support Order Modifications

Demonstrating a substantial change in circumstance is also not a simple task. Evidence and testimony are required. We will help you gather this evidence, whether it is in the form of unaffordable medical bills or a substantial increase in your ex-spouse’s ability to pay child or spousal support.

We will help you determine if you are eligible for support modifications or help you defend against overzealous or appropriate attempts to change orders.

  • Child support modification: Significant changes in circumstances may include changes to income or assets, or changes in children’s daily expenses, health care, child care or education.
  • Alimony (spousal support) modification: Spouses undergo financial change from time to time, whether through income, asset distributions or inheritance. Your spousal support payments could be modified or a request to end payments could be submitted at any time.

Not all changes qualify for a change of child support or alimony. It is critical to discuss plans or notice of modification requests with a knowledgeable attorney. We will examine plans, tax implications and assets with a fine-tooth comb, striving to help you reach collaborative agreement with the opposing party.

Contact Our Bergen County Alimony Modification Lawyer

Call our Teaneck lawyer at 201-801-0455, or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We provide several consultation service options.